Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bell’s Special Double Cream stout


Bell’s Special Double Cream stout – 6.1% Alc by Vol

1 pint bottle. I don't know where it was from or the price - a friend offered me a glass.

It had a very creamy smell with a most unique taste. The only taste that I could relate it to is going to come across as very negative. Not the initial taste or even on the swallow, but on the lips afterward, you are left with a sour cream taste. It is very peculiar to have a beer tart and creamy, and this beer definitely did it.
It is not my favorite beer, and I can recommend many more before this one. However, in no way is it a bad beer with its dark color and hearty stout taste. The stout is there, so if you are wanting to try a new kind of stout then pick this one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment